Join Us at Enosh Jerusalem
People being Treated for
If you are under treatment for any mental illness
you are invited to take part in our activities. At Enosh - Jerusalem
you will be able to find a social rehabilitation framework which
will answer your specific needs. There are social clubs for various
ages and levels of functioning, an arts center where you can develop
your talents, a sheltered housing program which will help you
to enjoy independent living and an individual 'mentor' program.
To join any of these programs call 02-6724723,
and we will be happy to give you further details.
10 Good Reasons to Join Enosh, Jerusalem
- You will be in the company of people who understand you.
- You will be part of a community working to reach its own
- You will be able to enjoy varied social activities.
- Our staff is caring and dedicated.
- You will be encouraged to develop and progress at your own
- Our activities are subsidized to suit your budget.
- You will be less lonely in the company of others.
- We provide a place where you can voice you concerns and they
will receive attention.
- You can be an active member of our organization and help
others like yourself.
Workers in the Caring Professions
Being part of an organized framework for social activities
in the community is an important part of your client's rehabilitation.
We invite you to contact us to learn how your clients can benefit
from activities within the framework of Enosh, Jerusalem and to
discuss the inclusion of Enosh activities as part of your client's
You may refer clients directly to Enosh or arrange
an appointment with Zara Fisher, Jerusalem Branch director who
will be happy to help you find the right program for your client.
We invite workers from the caring professions, psychologists,
social workers, art therapists, occupational therapists etc, who
identify with our goals to join us in one of the following ways:
Join us as a Volunteer
Among the many volunteers at Enosh - Jerusalem are
several professionals, psychologists and social workers in the
main, who provide supervision and training, on an individual or
group basis, for our permanent staff.
This special form of volunteerism enables experienced
people from the caring professions to share their knowledge and
expertise with our young and dynamic staff and, at the same time
to keep up-to-date with developments in Enosh.
Our staff benefits from the opportunity to widen
their horizons, to learn and develop. This special volunteer program
strengthens the ties between Enosh and the various treatment centers.
To volunteer as a supervisor:
Please apply directly to the director, Zara
Fisher, Tel. 02 6724723 or send your C.V. by fax to 02-6731875
Join us as a Salaried Worker
Sometimes, as a result of staff changes or the opening
of a new project, opportunities occur to join our professional
staff as a salaried worker. If you would like to enquire about
the possibility of joining our permanent staff,
please send your C.V. by fax to 02-6731875. We will contact
you when an appropriate position becomes available.
10 Good Reasons to Join the Professional Staff
of the Jerusalem Branch of Enosh:
1. Be a part of a young and dynamic staff.
2. Professional supervision to ensure personal and
3. Fascinating work with people who truly need
your investment in them.
4. Be part of a vital service that addresses basic
mental health needs.
5. Contribute to the important goal of helping
the mentally ill take their place in the community.
6. Our organization is 'user friendly' for both
clients and staff.
7. Opportunities to have your ideas and opinions
heard and to influence the development of services.
8. Flexible work hours.
9. Your creativity and initiative will be appreciated.
10. Gain experience in the field.
Volunteers play an important role all of our programs. There
are numerous possibilities for volunteers in the Jerusalem branch
1. Voluntary Positions in Group Frameworks
In Social Clubs.
Volunteers work to form friendly relationships with Enosh
members within the club framework. They play board games with
members and organize classes on topics of interest, such as
current events, cooking, English conversation etc.
In Milfi, the Enosh Arts Center
Volunteers assist the teachers in each of the art classes.
2. Voluntary Positions with Individual members
The volunteer forms a connection with an Enosh member, meeting
him or her once a week for one and a half hours during which
time they chat, go out for a walk, go to a coffee house, see
a film or concert together. Sometimes the meeting takes place
in the member's home, where they may prepare and eat a meal
together or listen to music etc. The goal of this type of
volunteer program is to enable the mentally ill person to
experience a warm and supportive relationship with a representative
of the 'healthy' community.
3. Join 'Friends of Enosh Jerusalem'
In order to make our work with the mentally ill better known
and to raise funds to ensure a rich and varied program of
social activities for our members, we are forming a group
of 'Friends'. To join please call our Chairman,
Uri Laor at 6724723.
4. Volunteering within the Framework of your Trade or Profession
Members of Enosh need help in such things as checking rental
contracts and small repairs in their homes such as house painting,
electrical work or plumbing. We are always open to new ideas
for volunteer programs. Call us at 02-6724723
and we will be glad to discuss ways where you can make a unique
contribution within the framework of Enosh, Jerusalem.
10 Good Reasons to Volunteer in Enosh, Jerusalem
1. You can make a personal contribution to an excellent cause.
2. Help the mentally ill become part of the community.
3. Join a group of dedicated volunteers who give of themselves.
4. The work itself is both interesting and important.
5. Professional supervision and training.
6. Meet interesting people.
7. A variety of activities enables every volunteer to find
his\her own special niche.
8. Required commitment is for a minimum of one year, two
hours of activity each week.
9. Our organization believes in people, works with them
and for them.
10. An opportunity to learn about the field of mental health,
and to develop and broaden horizons.